08/01/2010

Tip-toeing Through to the Knowing - Water Found on the Moon

It's interesting to me how the "water on the moon" story went almost completely over our heads.

I remember growing up we would get excited in school, thinking if they finally do find water, we can live there! So naturally I expected there to be parties and fireworks on the day of discovery.

Naturally?
Why did I feel that way?
Was it not important, when we first set foot on the moon?

One news outlet I came across spoke to NASA directly, they asked why it wasn't a breaking news story the moment it was found, and the man from NASA leaned to the idea that people just don't seem to have time to check and find out anymore. I giggled, its true on so many levels.

I was thinking of posting a link to the news story, but I think, if you feel you need to check the proof of this fact, it means you hadn't seen it prior to this moment.

It will be interesting to see which media outlet gets most attention based on what might still be considered a "rumor". I would love to hear from anyone who wants to share their findings.

Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment